In this article, I am writing some of the most important RUN commands that are used to open applications/utilities quickly.
What is RUN?
Run is a tool available in the Windows operating systems which are used to launch any application through the command. (Note: command is the name of the executable file of the particular application).
How to open RUN?
- Using start menu – Click on the START button and then click on RUN
- Using shortcut key – Hold “Window key” and press “R” i.e. “Window key + R)
Useful run commands to open applications/tools
- winword – To open Microsoft word
- powerpnt -To open Microsoft PowerPoint
- excel – To open Microsoft Excel
- notepad – To open notepad
- mspaint – To open Microsoft paint
- devmgmt.msc – To open device manager
- dfrg.msc – To open Window’s disk defragment tool
- diskmgmt.msc – To open the disk management tool
- eventvwr.msc – To open the event viewer
- fsmgmt.msc – To open shared folders
- gpedit.msc – To open the group policy editor
- winver – To open Windows version information
- msinfo32 – To open system information properties that can be used to get attached device’s related information
Control panel related commands
- appwiz.cpl – To open Control panel’s add/remove programs
- timedate.cpl – To open date and time properties
- desk.cpl – To open display properties
- fonts – To open font folder
- inetcpl.cpl – To open internet related properties
- main.cpl – To open control panel’s Mouse properties.